May 18, 2020
The Board of the Irish Kennel Club took the difficult decision to postpone the two IKC International Shows in March in the hope that we could re-schedule later in the year. As stated at the time, the Board confirmed that exhibitors who entered these shows would be credited within the IKC accountancy system and the monies ring fenced into a designated bank account, and this is the case.
The situation has developed to a stage where the re-scheduling of these events is not possible, so they are now officially cancelled.
In this regard, the Board of the IKC has now taken the decision to issue a refund of your entry fees, less a service charge of 3 Euro per transaction to cover external administration costs. We are working with our external provider and we will complete this task as soon as possible, so please bear with us.
Regarding our office, in line with Governments Road Map for return to work, the IKC are happy to announce that we expect to re-open on 29th June (initially no public front desk). We are delighted our members have continued to support us by submitting your applications on-line and by post and our staff are eager to return to work to process same. Regarding IKC Judges Licence the Board has decided that as there is no opportunity to judge this year the current judging licences will be valid until the end of 2021. We thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Finally, and taking into account the instructions and policies of the Government and the Health Authority in these challenging times, the Board has made the difficult decision to cancel all Dog Show licences for 2020.
Regarding An Ard Comhairle meetings, we will of course arrange a meeting as soon as this is permitted, and proper protocol is in place. (Probably in NSC).
Take care over the next couple of months and we are looking forward to the day when we can all meet again at our many canine events.
The Board of The Irish Kennel Club