When you breed animals, you have a number of obligations to ensure your animals are healthy.
Click here to view legal obligations on medium-to-large-scale breeders. For a quick reminder of your obligations, read the checklist below.
You are obliged to:
- Provide clean and spacious accommodation for dogs, protecting them from other animals and environmental damage
- Feed and exercise dogs regularly
- Treat any health issues promptly, with regard to the welfare of all animals in your care
- Register all your dogs as appropriate
- Pass on any relevant documentation to buyers of pups.